Saturday, March 28, 2015

Health Update

According to the blood pressure machine in the pharmacy department of my local grocery store, my blood pressure has come down quite a bit, at least the systolic has.  (My doctor told me that those machines are more or less accurate.)  For as long as I can remember, my blood pressure has been around 135/85.  Usually it measures a little bit higher in the doctor's office.  As usual, that concerned me more than it concerned my doctor, but he had me wear a machine that checked my blood pressure every 15 minutes for 24 hours.  During the night it falls very low - down to something like 99/50. My doctor said that variation over the course of the day tells him there's nothing particularly worrisome about it seeming high when I get a checkup - white coat syndrome.

Still, I don't like the fact that I hover in between prehypertension and hypertension on the little chart on the machine there in the grocery store.  Today when I checked it, it was 117/83.  That 117 puts me in the normal range for systolic.

Is it all due to eating a Primal/Paleo type diet?  Who knows.  Still, the blood pressure combined with the absence of seasonal allergies and asthma is encouraging me to keep with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment